Welcome! We are Bev and Arnie Eckert, the owners and caregivers of Hilltop Pups. Since 2002, we’ve been breeding English, or “Teddy Bear,” Goldendoodles on our estate in Jasper, Indiana. Downtown Louisville is one and half hour drive. Evansville is one-hour drive. Downtown Indianapolis is a minimum 2 and half hour drive depending on traffic. We use our professional knowledge and experience along with the most current research to produce genetically sound puppies with loving personalities and exceptional coats. My two daughters Abby and Brittany are breeding a few dogs at their houses and you can choose between any of our litters raised with the same excellent breeding practices. The size range of our dogs are 5 to 38 lbs. Most of our puppies are now F2b or multi Gen, just because I prefer the coat types as they get more predictable and 95% of the puppies all have the same look. For AKC to recognize Goldendoodles as an official they would need to be at least 5 generations down to have conformity. Our biggest goal is to maintain the health and longevity of this amazing breed as we work towards a healthy future for the Goldendoodle Breed. Downtown Louisville is one and half hour drive. Evansville is one-hour drive. Downtown Indianapolis is a minimum 2 and half hour drive depending on traffic. This is our house not a public shopping center. We require appointments to visit as you do want to make sure we are home and want to be able to focus our attention on you and have adequate time to get to know you and interact with the puppies. This is not a large place, so the Visitation area can get crowded quickly if more than one family is visiting at a time. Our visitation Room does have windows on two sides, so you can see where and how all our dogs are housed. It is very important to stay as close to expected arrival time as possible, give yourself that extra half hour for traffic concerns. We are on Eastern Time. We do not have public-restrooms. Jasper is an aesthetically pleasing clean town of 15,000 with plenty of restaurants and gas stations to stop at. Jasper is always rated at the top of best places to live listings. https://www.14news.com/2019/01/07/jasper-named-among-us-best-cities-liv…. I would rather you stop at a public restroom than arrive at my house and need to use the restroom. I might be the only person here with other people to attend to, the bathroom is not in the same building as the Visitation Area; I would have to accompany you to my private house the go to restroom. If you approach from 231 North from Indy or South from Evansville you will drive through town. If you are approaching from the east, Louisville direction your GPS may take you on the country side tour past Patoka Lake which is beautiful to see, but you will reach our house before getting into Jasper. You will want to stop in the small town of Celestine, with has just one gas station and no fast food restaurants.
Creating the perfect Goldendoodle has been our mission from day one. It took a lot of research, traveling to Breeder Conferences, and enduring some lengthy Goldendoodle Breeder Circle meetings; not to mention the search around the globe for the perfect most healthy English Goldendoodles (Russia) and poodles (Germany & Paris). The RKF Kennel Club of the UK has strict breeding requirements. For a puppy to be registered RKF the parent dogs must pass OFA and DNA testing, plus become a show champion to maintain conformity in the breed. How amazing it would be for AKC to do this, thus it is up to Breeders to commit to keeping their breed healthy going forward by health testing the parent dogs. Which believe me very few Breeders invest their money back into their dogs; so always demand copies of health testing prior to even submitting a deposit. DO Not trust Breeders that say they will provide the documents when the puppy goes home; demand proof up front. It is a nightmare to try to get paperwork from a Breeder after you have the puppy, because they do not have it. The Breeder is pulling on your emotions knowing you are getting attached to the puppy and then you are stuck with no proof that you have a healthy puppy that will live a long healthy life. Breeders never to rarely give you the correct documents after you have the puppy, learn from heart breaking experiences of having to re-home dogs that couldn't pass health screening. My research, commitment, and due diligence has paid off. Here is the foundation for creating the perfect Teddy Bear Goldendoodle and how to build conformity into the Breed.
The shed and allergy factor of a Goldendoodle can be different from Breeder to Breeder depending on the Coat Type their Goldendoodles have inherited. At Hilltop Pups we DNA test the coat type of all our dogs so we can create the most non-shedding hypoallergenic coat as possible. When breeding a Goldendoodle to a Goldendoodle the parent dogs need to be DNA tested for "IC" Improper Coat, which determines the dogs shed factor. If one of the Goldendoodles in the pairing is F/F gene carrier for Furnishing and the other is F/F or is a carrier for IC then none of the puppies will shed. I have three males that are IC clear with F/F. I follow this DNA rule when breeding to make sure my dogs are non-shedding. No guess work involved here;) You can brush them and not even get hair to pull out.
Next we only breed with English Retrievers which produce a softer less shedding less matting coat than the coarser American Golden Retriever coats. Plus, you get boxy, compact, big boned Teddy Bear Features of the English Golden Retrievers. The weight range of English Golden Retrievers that I have owned is 45-55 for female and 65-72 for males, although they look just and big and fluffier than the American Golden Retrievers.
Next we consider the color genetics behind the poodle: Reds, browns, and cream colored poodles produce soft non-shedding coats. White, Gray, and Black poodles produce shredders even in the curly dogs; thus they have been removed from Hilltop Pups breeding program.
- In 2017 we started breeding the Irish Goldedoodles. I am very pleased with what I have seen in the Irish Goldendoodles. The American Golden Retrievers are very unhealthy and have a life expectancy of 8-13 years with 80% of them having cancer by age 8. Therefore I only breed English Golden Retrievers as their life expectancy is 11-18 years and very few ever have cancer. It takes a few generations to build the dark red poodle color back into the English Goldendoodles since the English Golden Retrievers are only white to cream. For the Irish we started with breeding a health tested American Golden Retriever to a health tested Irish Setter to get the hybrid vigor and dark red color; then bred that with a health tested male poodle and then back to another health tested poodle creating the F1b Irish Goldendoodles to insure the hypo allergenic non-shed coats, plus get the dark red color and fabulous coats.
Advantages of adopting an English Goldendoodle from Hilltop Pups
- Size range available 6 - 40 pounds
- Predictable size ranges for F2b and multi Generations
- Hypoallergenic if past the F1 (First generation, because we can DNA test the coat types for breeding.)
- Decreased shedding in F1 and no shedding in further generations
- Increased longevity average life expectancy 13 - 18 years
- Parents have extensive health testing
- Parent dogs come from long lines of health tested ancestors
- Wonderful temperament
- Intelligent and trainable
- Excellent with children and animals
- 100% lovable
Most pups are between $2,500 and $3,200 and:
- Dewclaws removed
- Fully Vaccinated for their age
- Trained with Early Neurological Stimulation
- Trained not to jump on people, but sit at your feet for attention
- Paper potty trained
- Pre-spoiled, loved, and well socialized
Puppies go home with:
- A 2 year health guarantee; 4 years if you provide NuVet Vitamin Supplements
- Microchipped with pre-paid membership enrollment form
- CKC Registration Papers
- Health record
- Spay/neuter contract
- Personalized Travel Bag
- Door Bell
- Blanket with mother's scent
- Large stuffed animal
- Small squeaky toy
- Rope bone chew toy
- Show lead (leash/collar combo)
- Sample of top quality puppy food recommended by Veterinarians: "Eukanuba"
- Sample of NuVet Vitamins
- 30 Days of free Health Insurance
- Puppy care instructions
- 24/7 lifetime support of the breeder
- Available upon request is the online Goldendoodle book The Owners Guide from Puppy to Old Age, which includes how to care, groom, train, and understand your Goldendoodle By Alan Kenworthy
We air ship or provide excellent driver service recommendations!
Shipping is available in the continental USA for $450; recommended and very safe if done properly.
- You keep the shipping crate which includes Puppy's Blanket, food & water bowl, food package, and shredded paper for comfort and potty if necessary; so your puppy arrives fully rested and clean.
- Health certificate from the veterinarian
- We book the and email the flight instructions for picking up your puppy at your airport.
- All toys and paperwork listed above will be mailed in advance to the New Puppy Parent.
Older pups and other locations may need to have the shipping rate adjusted.
Here is a video of a puppy that flew to Pennsylvania: You will need to copy and paste it and it is worth watching. This family came back and adopted a second puppy from us two years later.
Here is a video of one of our puppies after an 8 hour flight to meet its new family, arriving clean, healthy, rested, and ready to great its new family:
Puppy Boot Camp
If you wish to have your puppy stay with a licensed professional dog trainer for a few weeks before going home to you, we can recommend a great local licensed professional trainer that will come to us and pick up your puppy for training. She is independent of us and you will need to contact her for details and pricing. Contact me for her information.
Our Goldendoodles are very easy to train.
Please take a look at our featured Goldendoodle eBook available to you to download for free! Bev assisted in writing the book and attributed pictures; thus obtaining the permission to use the book.
Click image below!!!
Click image above!!!