Welcome! We are Bev and Arnie Eckert, the owners and caregivers of Hilltop Pups. Since 2002, we’ve been breeding English, or “Teddy Bear,” Goldendoodles on our estate in Jasper, Indiana. We use our professional knowledge and experience along with the most current research to produce genetically sound puppies with loving personalities and exceptional coats. My two daughter Abby and Brittany are breeding a few dogs at their houses and you can choose between any of our litters raised with the same excellent breeding practices.
We only breed with the English Golden Retriever lines, because they produce a softer, less shedding, less matting coat verses the coarser American Retriever coats.
The shed factor of a Goldendoodle is not an easy question to answer and can be different from Breeder to Breeder depending on the Coat Type their dogs inherited. When breeding a Goldendoodle to a Goldendoodle the parent dogs need to be DNA tested for "IC" Improper Coat, which determines the dogs shed factor. If one of the Goldendoodles in the pairing is F/F gene carrier for Furnishing and the other is F/F or is a carrier for IC then none of the puppies will shed. All three of our sweet male Goldendoodles are F/F. I follow this DNA rule when breeding to make sure my dogs are non-shedding. No guess work involved here.
The color genetics behind the poodle: Reds, brown, cafe' and cream color poodles produce soft non-shedding coats. White, Gray, and Black poodles produce shredders even in the curly coated puppies; thus I removed them from my breeding program. That is not to say that English Golden Doodles cannot produce black or brown colored Goldendoodles, just that those colors are found in F2b and multi Gen Goldendoodles if both Dam and Sire carry the color gene. The core of any breeding practice of any breed should be genetic testing and then the process the newborn puppies go through from birth until they go home.
Advantages of adopting an English Goldendoodle from Hilltop Pups
- Size range available 5 - 55 pounds
- Decreased shedding in F1 and no shedding in further generations
- Increased longevity average life expectantcy 13 - 18 years
- Parents have extensive health testing
- Parent dogs come from long lines of health tested ancestors
- Wonderful temperament
- Intelligent and trainable
- Excellent with children and animals
- 100% lovable
Most pups are between $2,500 and $3,500 and:
- Dewclaws removed
- Fully Vaccinated for their age
- Trained with Early Neurological Stimulation
- Trained not to jump on people but sit at your feet for attention
- Paper potty trained
- Pre-spoiled, loved, and well socialized
Puppies go home with:
- A 2 year health guarantee; which doubles if you provide NuVet Vitamin Supplements
- Microchipped with pre-paid membership enrollment form
- CKC Registration Papers
- Health record
- Spay/neuter contract
- Personalized Travel Bag
- Door Bell
- Blanket with mother's scent
- Large stuffed animal
- Small squeaky toy
- Rope bone chew toy
- Show lead (leash/collar combo)
- Sample of top quality puppy food recommended by Veterinarians "Eukanuba"
- Sample of NuVet Vitamins
- 30 Days of free Health Insurance
- Puppy care instructions
- 24/7 lifetime support of the breeder
- Available upon request is the online Goldendoodle book The Owners Guide from Puppy to Old Age which includes how to care, groom, train, and understand your Goldendoodle By Alan Kenworthy
We air ship or provide excellent driver service recommendations!
Shipping is available in the continental USA for $400 for pups 8-9 weeks; recommended and very safe if done properly.
- Crate includes Puppy's Blanket, food & water bowl, food package, and shredded paper for comfort and potty if necessary so your puppy arrives fully rested and clean
- Health certificate from the Veternarian
- Flight instructions for picking up your puppy at your airport
- All toys and paperwork listed above will be mailed in advance to the New Puppy Parent.
Older pups and other locations may need to have an adjusted shipping price.
Puppy Boot Camp
If you wish to have your puppy stay with a licensed professional dog trainer for a few weeks before going home to you, we can recommend a great local trainer that will come to us and pick up your puppy for training. She is independent of me and you will need to contact her for details and pricing. Contact me for details.
Our Goldendoodles are very easy to train.
Please take a look at our featured Goldendoodle eBook available to you to download for free!
Click image below!!!
Click image above!!!